doldrums

Sunday, March 26, 2006

What did I do ---midterm self-evaluation

















I think my logical problem is more serious than writing problem.The way American use to is much more directly than my culture.Thus ,I always screw-up my summary.I always making my summary more complex than the original article.So,I think I have to try to make everything"go straight."Don't think about too much and just try,maybe I'll get some experiences from mistakes , but I just know I need to change.

And it's so interesting that when my classmates even myslef speaking English are different attitudes which
compares with the way they speaking their native languages. When I write or speak in Mandarin, Japanese, Cantonese, or English, the parts I used for resonating and the way I combine my ideas are totally different.And the differencies can inspire or bring out different characters of mine.

When I speak Japanese, I think I'm gray. When I speak French, I think I'm blue. When I speak Cantonese, I feel more angry than speaking in Taiwanese. And also I can feel that I have to relax my cheeks, and put more colorful body expression when I speak English. People who use Mandarin or Taiwanese enjoy that don't descript or express things directly, and it's also one kind of beauty. Sometimes, if I translated the words I said into Chinese, it sounds like stupid, but it's the way that American get used to.

Maybe I have to forget the way I used to write in my native language and change my logic into the Western way.I know it's like a point,when I get or reach it,I'll know I've already been through it. Anyway,study more and be flexible!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home